Vraisemblablement Votre Veloclub
For Love of the Sport, Not of Ourselves
As Amended 8 June 2009
1. Vraisemblablement Votre Veloclub, hereafter referred to as 'Trois V' or 'the club', is a club dedicated to the sport of cycling - the greatest sport in the world.
2. Except on those days where we really like football, soccer, baseball, ice hockey, basketball or whatever.
3. That doesn't mean the club purpose changes, just the club view on what is the greatest sport in the world.
4. Never golf though.
5. But I digress.
6. We like riding our bikes a lot, but we also like talking about bikes, watching bike races, reading about bikes, drooling over more expensive bikes and kit than our own, and watching films about bikes.
7. The club shall from time to time organise bicycle rides, and meetings for the purposes discussed in clause 6, amongst other things.
8. No club member shall ever criticise another club member's bike, riding style, pace or fitness.
9. No club member shall ever refrain from criticising another club member's riding clothes should the situation warrant it.
10. Our inspirations are Charly Gaul, Paul Fournel, Greg Lemond, Raymond Poulidor, Andy Hampsten, Chris Boardman, Phil Liggett, Tim Krabbe, David Zabriskie and George Hincapie.
11. The LD (you know who you are), Team Cinzano, and boring Spanish cyclists can kiss it. You are the COBRA to our GI Joe.
12. We don't run on dynamite, but we kind of wish we did.
13. The club may from time to time produce publications, clothing, merchandise, a club song, and a secret handshake, as the committee sees fit.
14. The club committee consists of the founding members and whoever the hell else we feel like inviting to be on the committee.
15. Decisions on alteration of the constitution, or any other club matters, shall be made by a 2/3 majority of the committee.
16. We choose not to run. Or to race.
17. Go Cutters.
Holding the above truths to be self-evident and/or/possibly divinely inspired, we are the founding members of the Trois V:
Jon, Matt, Doug